Transfer a Junior ISA to Nutmeg
About transfers · You can transfer cash, and stocks and shares Junior ISAs (JISA) from other providers to be managed as a stocks and shares JISA at Nutmeg
- Many stocks and shares JISA providers can now transfer ISAs electronically so there are fewer forms for you to complete. Cash JISA providers will require a signature from you once you have told us the details of your transfer. See if your provider supports electronic JISA transfers
- Any stocks and shares JISA that is transferred won't hold the same investments as before. We instruct the current JISA manager to sell the investments and transfer the JISA as cash for us to invest. This preserves your JISA's tax-efficient status and allows us to manage it in the most appropriate way for your goals, timeframe and attitude to risk
- After completing the steps online, we'll work with your current provider to transfer your JISA to us — safely and securely
- Once the cash arrives, we'll let you know by Nutmail and you'll see the money when you sign in to your Nutmeg account
- JISA transfers normally take 2–4 weeks
Once your JISA arrives:
- You can pay into your JISA at any time with one-off payments
At Nutmeg, we do not support partial transfers in or out of a JISA.
If you still have questions about transferring a Child Trust Fund or Junior ISA, you’ll find more information from HRMC here.
How to transfer a JISA to Nutmeg
Already a Nutmeg customer
You will see a link direct to ‘transfer a JISA’ on your dashboard once you sign in.
1. Select your provider from the drop-down list, complete the details, submit your request, and we’ll take care of the rest
2. If your current provider doesn’t offer electronic transfers, you will have the option of printing the pre-populated form which you can send to your provider
Transferring your Junior ISA to a new provider
If you wish to transfer your Nutmeg Junior ISA (JISA) away to a different provider, you’ll need to approach the new JISA provider and request the transfer. At Nutmeg, we do not support partial transfers in or out of a JISA.
When making a transfer, you may need to provide the following details:
Current provider name: Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited
2nd floor - Vox Studios
1–45 Durham Street
Account number: Your Nutmeg account number beginning with ‘NE’. Where to find this.
Once you’ve requested the transfer, your new provider will work with us to sell your investments within your account and transfer the cash to them. Requesting a transfer this way keeps your JISA subscriptions and the JISA’s start date.
We find this process usually takes between 2-4 weeks to complete.