You can add money to your Nutmeg ISA and general investing account in several easy ways.
To pay in now
On the web and mobile web:
- To add a one-off lump sum with a card payment select Pay in now under the Payments and Transfers menu in the header of your Home page or by using the Pay in buttons on each pot. On mobile web tap the £+ icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of your dashboard and then Pay in now.
- Select the pot you wish to pay in and enter the amount to top up, then follow the steps provided by our card payment provider Stripe.
On the iOS app, tap — Pay in > One-off payment — in the navigation bar on your dashboard and follow the steps as above.
Card payments arrive with us in 3 business days and are then invested on our next twice-weekly investing cycle.
You can only make a card payment with a debit card — credit card payments are not supported.
You can also pay in by bank transfer by selecting Bank transfer in the payment options.
To set up and manage monthly payments
Automating a monthly payment by Direct Debit from your bank account to your Nutmeg account is simple to set up and manage. Direct Debit payments are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee.
- Follow Monthly payments in the Payments and Transfers menu in the header, or select Monthly payments from the Options menu on a pot
On mobile web:
- Tap the payment button in the bottom menu, then Monthly payments
On the iOS app:
- Tap Pay in then Monthly payments in the bottom menu
Each month a single Direct Debit payment will be made to your Nutmeg account and, if you have multiple pots, you can choose to split that between the pots however you want. When the money arrives, we'll automatically assign it to the right pots and invest it on our next twice-weekly cycle.
Within monthly payments you can set up, edit or stop the amount for each pot.
Monthly payments to a pension pot are managed and set up separately from monthly payments to your ISA or general investing pots. Changes you make to the ISA or general investing Direct Debit amounts will not impact payments to a pension pot. More about pension payments
Lifetime ISA pots do not currently support monthly payments.
Sample monthly payments page