Opening a Nutmeg Personal Pension is simple. The account opening can take as little as 10 minutes and you can set up your payments right away.
There are a couple of things it may be useful to have at hand whilst you're setting up your pension pot:
- If you're transferring from another provider (or multiple providers), details of your policies with them such as the policy number and latest transfer valuation
- Details of your beneficiaries
- Any pensions protection certificates you may have accrued (you'll know if this applies to you)
As a new customer
From our homepage, select Invest Now and you'll be asked which account type you'd like to open.
If you want to open both an ISA and a Pension with Nutmeg, you can open other account types once you've created your account.
As an existing customer
Once you've logged in to your account, underneath your existing ISA/General Investment pots, you'll see a pension section and the option to 'Start or transfer a pension'.
Paying into your Nutmeg Personal Pension
There are three options when it comes to paying to your pension. You can set up personal contributions, get your employer to pay into your pension, or transfer an existing policy from another provider.
With personal and employer contributions, you also have the option of making single, one-off payments, or monthly contributions. The instructions for setting these up are provided during the account creation process.
There are a few things to note when opening a Nutmeg personal pension:
- You must be a UK resident for tax purposes, over 18 and under 75 years old to start a Nutmeg pension
- We require a minimum starting transfer or deposit amount of £500
- We regret we can't take on US citizens due to US tax reporting requirements
You'll need to use a desktop or tablet to open a Nutmeg Personal Pension, as mobile devices aren't yet supported. Rest assured we're working on a better mobile solution.