You can transfer both Stocks and Shares ISAs and Cash ISAs to be managed as a Nutmeg Stocks and Shares ISA. Many providers can now transfer electronically so there are fewer forms for you to complete.
Not yet a Nutmeg customer
You'll need to Sign up and complete your profile first, which takes just a few minutes.
Already a Nutmeg customer
- Sign in to your Nutmeg account.
- Click the link 'Transfer an ISA' found on the left-hand side of your portfolio page. Click the link and select your provider from the drop down list, complete the details, submit your request, and we’ll take care of the rest. We'll work with your current provider to transfer your ISA to us — safely and securely.
- If your current provider doesn’t offer electronic transfers, you will have the option of printing the pre-populated form which you can send to your provider.
- If your existing ISA is a Stocks and Shares ISA, your existing investments will be sold before the funds are transferred to us. The money will remain within the ISA wrapper.
- Once the cash arrives we'll let you know by email and you'll see the money on your dashboard as unallocated cash. To get the money invested you can transfer it to an existing pot or select to create a new pot from this cash. We'll then invest it on our next weekly investing cycle.
Any Stocks and Shares ISA that is transferred won't hold the same investments as before. We instruct the current ISA manager to sell the investments and transfer the ISA as cash for us to invest. This preserves your ISA's tax-efficient status and allows us to manage it in the most appropriate way for your goals, timeframe and attitude to risk.
Partial ISA transfers to Nutmeg
Partial ISA transfers cannot at this time be done electronically. If you would like to transfer only a part of an ISA, please sign in to your Nutmeg account, click the ‘Transfer an ISA’ link and select 'Transfer only some of your ISA'. This will provide you with a form that you will need to print, complete, and post.
How long will this take?
This normally takes between 2 to 4 weeks, depending on your current provider.