About ISA transfers
- You can transfer cash and stocks and shares ISAs from other providers to be managed as a stocks and shares ISA at Nutmeg
- Many stocks and shares ISA providers can now transfer ISAs electronically so there are fewer forms for you to complete. Cash ISA providers will require a signature from you once you have told us the details of your transfer. See if your provider supports electronic ISA transfers.
- Any Stocks and Shares ISA that is transferred won't hold the same investments as before. We instruct the current ISA manager to sell the investments and transfer the ISA as cash for us to invest. This preserves your ISA's tax-efficient status and allows us to manage it in the most appropriate way for your goals, timeframe and attitude to risk.
- After completing the steps online, we'll work with your current provider to transfer your ISA to us — safely and securely
- Once the cash arrives we'll let you know by email and you'll see the money when you sign in to your Nutmeg account
- You can transfer as many ISAs to Nutmeg as you like, at any time
- ISA transfers normally take 2–4 weeks
Once your ISA arrives:
- We'll consolidate each transfer together in your Nutmeg ISA
- You can pay into your ISA at any time with one-off or monthly payments
You can't transfer a Help to Buy ISA to us yet. Record your interest in when Help To Buy transfers are available.
Here are some things to check before you transfer an ISA to Nutmeg.
How to transfer an ISA to Nutmeg
Not yet a Nutmeg customer
You can transfer an ISA as part of the set up process for your Nutmeg account. If you plan to transfer more than one ISA, simply follow the process to transfer an ISA as an existing customer once the first is submitted.
Follow the process outlined in Opening an ISA with Nutmeg, and select to transfer an ISA during the sign up process. For a starting amount set the value of ISAs you are transferring. This will help give you a more accurate projection of what you can expect once transferred. Remember that forecasts are not a reliable indicator of future performance.
At the payments stage, ISA transfer will be selected for your starting payment and we will then ask for the details of your existing ISA to put the transfer in motion.
Already a Nutmeg customer
You will see a link to Transfer an ISA on the left-hand side of your home page once you sign in. Go straight to transfer an existing ISA in your account.
- Select your provider from the drop down list, complete the details, submit your request, and we’ll take care of the rest.
- If your current provider doesn’t offer electronic transfers, you will have the option of printing the pre-populated form which you can send to your provider.
Transferring part of an ISA to Nutmeg
You can transfer some or all of an ISA to Nutmeg. We don't currently process partial transfers electronically but they require just a simple paper form. If you already have a Nutmeg account, you can download the partial ISA transfer form. You can also find the form by signing in to your Nutmeg account, selecting 'Transfer an ISA' on the left and then 'Transfer only some of your ISA'.
You must have a Nutmeg account for us to process a partial ISA transfer, so if you don't yet have an account just follow the instructions above to set up an account first.